Luckily for you November babies, you have two beautiful birthstones to choose from! In this post, we’re focusing on Citrine, but if you want to have a peek at our other November birthstone, Topaz, please click here.
Our Mini Solis Ring with Citrine centre stone
A personalised Oval Signet Ring with baguette cut Citrine, princess cut Clear Diamond & round Salt & Pepper Diamond
Through the ages from ancient Greece to the Romans, the Victorian era to the Roaring 20s, Citrine has been a coveted and adored gem. Here are our favourite 5 facts about this special stone:
- A reflection of its beautiful yellow hue, Citrine derives its name from the French word for “lemon” (citron).
- Long thought to symbolise the sun’s energy, Citrine has been known to provide warm and comforting emotions whilst encouraging fresh beginnings and new pursuits.
- Considered a healing gemstone in ancient times, Citrine was believed to have magical powers and was carried to protect one against evil thoughts and also snake venom!
- Citrine is attributed to two divine deities: Demeter, the Greek goddess of harvest, a symbol of productivity and Sekhmet, the Egyptian goddess of war, a symbol of power.
- According to ancient Chinese legend, Citrine is ‘The Stone of Success’ and should only be given to generous people. In fact, Chinese Emperors often wore Citrine jewellery as it was believed this would increase intellect and broaden the mind.
Our Mama & Baby Heart Necklace with Clear Diamond & Citrine
Our Diamond Tiny Signet with Clear Diamond, Citrine & Yellow Sapphire
Did you know? You can customise many of our pieces with your choice of stone, including Citrine. Shop and customise your piece here or contact us to talk about incorporating citrine into your unique, handmade heirloom.