Can you believe it's already October? Where has this year gone! This month is all about the beautiful gem stone Tourmaline.
Here are five reasons why we love Tourmaline:
1. Tourmaline means 'mixed gems' in Sinhalese and can come in a wide variety of colours, from pink, red and peach, to green, yellow and blue.
2. The first recorded tourmaline was a green crystal discovered in 1554 by a Spanish explorer who thought it was emerald.
3. Tourmaline can be opaque or transparent and ranks 7-7.5 on Mohs scale (a scale of hardness based on the ability of one mineral to scratch another).
4. This bright coloured stone has healing properties and energies that resonate with the different Chakras in your body. Tourmaline is very protective gemstone that picks up on conflict.
5. Tourmaline is one of the most sought out gems in the world. There is a certain species known as the Paraiba Tourmaline. These are so rare that for every ten thousand diamonds found in the world, only one Parabia Tourmaline is discovered.
Did you know? You can customise any of our pieces with your choice of stone, including Tourmaline!
Get in touch to talk about incorporating Tourmaline into your unique, handmade heirloom.